Thursday, October 2, 2008

Morning Person? No way!

Lately I have been having a difficult time to get up in the morning despite the fact that I make an effort to sleep earlier. Luis, on the other side, has no problem getting up bright and early. I would protest and throw the cover over my head whenever he turns on the light in our bedroom. Even with the ceiling light on, I remained fast asleep at least for a while. I would wake up to look at what time it is. When the clock shows like 6:30 or 6:45 am, I groaned and forced myself to get up. There are some days where I am tempted to sleep in, and forget about work. However, I knew there are some things at work that are time sensitive. Great. Eventually I got up and dragged myself to take a shower. I have never been a morning person, like, ever in my life. I recalled several times while I was growing up where my dad would get angry and pull the sheets off my bed. He would sign furiously, "Get up now!" He absolutely hated it when I slept in late, like, until 9 am or even later until noon. To him, it is a complete waste of a productive day.

However, I can assure that since last several years, I have improved at getting up early. Still, no matter if I get up early, I am still NOT a morning person. Like, at all. My mind barely functions properly in the morning. Give me tons of iced tea (not coffee, yuck!), and life will slowly return to my body ;-)

No comments: